Social Worker - Looked After Children ( LAC) - Guildford, Surrey - £32,839 - £38,312
We are recruiting for a experienced Social Worker to join a Looked After Children ( LAC ) Team in Leatherhead, Surrey. This is an amazing opportunity to work within an experienced and motivated team, allowing individuals to development existing skills and create new ones.
As a Social Worker in a Looked After Children's Team, your aim and role will be to support children living with relatives, friends or foster families and perspective adopters or older children living in children's homes and semi independent units. Ensure their safety and support them towards independence.
Benefits of the roles as a LAC Social Worker:
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
Responsibilities as a LAC Social Worker:
- Through regular visits, assessments and reviewing their Care Plan, you will nurture and develop meaningful relations with these children; understand and interpret their wishes, and champion and support them to reach their full potential.
- Occasionally, you will be required to prepare reports and attend court.
- You will be supported in this challenging role with regular supervision, and by working alongside other social workers, family support workers and partnership organisations such as: Health Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Independent Reviewing officers and carers.
Candidates are required to:
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full UK license
- An enhanced DBS