Social Worker - Assessment and Intervention - Braintree - Up to £35,000 per annum
I am currently looking for a Social Worker to join an Assessment and Intervention team in Braintree.
The aim of the Assessment and Intervention team is to undertake incoming assessment and short-term intervention work with families.
As a Social Worker, you will be responsible for bringing to bear the highest possible standards in Social Work practice, ability and skills, working in accordance with defined legal frameworks, Policy and Procedures.
As a Social Worker - Assessment and Intervention, you will benefit from:
- A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
- Annual leave entitlement of up to 29 days per year (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Relocation package (up to £8,000) where agreed
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
As a Social Worker - Assessment and Intervention, your main duties will include:
- Work in a focused way with those children in need (CIN) and their families offering three months intervention.
- Deal with S47 child protection enquiries and work jointly with the police and other partners in assessing immediate risk for children that come to our attention
- Transfer cases into longer term teams should families require longer term intervention or the children become subject to a child protection plan or come into care of the local authority.
- Be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the County of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency.
As a Social Worker - Assessment and Intervention, you must have:
- Eligibility to work in the U.K.
- HCPC registered
- Social Work degree or equivalent