Older People and Physical Disabilities - Social Worker - Brent - £30ph
The Older People/ Physical Disabilities Team based in Brent are currently looking for a social worker to undertake assessment of risk involving safeguarding of vulnerable adults/carers and their families across a range of settings. Taking responsibility and working with individuals facing complex social and family crisis across a range of settings. Promoting autonomy and development with individuals who have complex needs and are more vulnerable to exclusion. Candidates must have substantial experience in working with older people and phsycial disabilities. You will be required to undertake complex case work and have confidence in working to a high standard. Range of experience includes case conferences, safeguarding, Dols, and preparing court reports and documents
Our client is looking to recruit as soon as possible, please do not hesitate to apply.
The post holder will be able to:
- To assess, review and provide help to an individual, family or carer with complex family or social care needs, taking full account of appropriate policy and guidance. This will include taking due account of the principles of personalisation, service eligibility criteria and legal framework.
- To intervene and provide help to an individual or family whose complex family or social care needs or risks indicate that they need ongoing professional support which they might not normally be willing to accept
- To carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses with an adult, or their representative or advocate if they lack capacity, to safeguard them from abuse, neglect or exploitation, building effective relationships with individuals and families as appropriate.
- To enable an adult who has been abused or neglected to improve their circumstances, where it is unclear whether the person lacks mental capacity to make decisions, or where it is unclear whether their decisions are compromised by the undue influence of others.
- To seek to promote social justice and rights by challenging neglect, discrimination and exclusion, and helping to build safe, strong and caring social networks and communities.
- To be the lead professional in collaborative work in situations where a social work perspective is needed to inform or drive decision-making, ensuring that a legally based, human rights perspective is applied to when and how interventions are made in the lives of individuals, families and communities experiencing complex social and family problems
- To take a lead on community development to assess, identify and maximise the strengths or assets of individuals, their families and their communities
Candidates for an Older People/ Physical Disabilities Social Worker will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.