Social Worker - Children with Disabilities Team - Bournemouth - Up to £35 p/h
My client in Bournemouth requires an experienced Disabilities Social Worker to join an established and well respected disabilities team and is looking to interview immediately. We are looking for an Advanced Social Worker with disability experience to work with young people and their families who have additional needs. The post is transition role working with young people aged 14-25 years of age, moving them to adulthood. This will be a fantastic way to gain valued experience at a market leading pay rate for this particular grade.
If you feel you have strong knowledge in this client group and can hit the ground running please do not delay your response.
Benefits of the role:
- Supportive team
- Competitive pay rate
- Hugely rewarding as you help some of the most vulnerable people in society.
As an experienced Learning Disabilities Social Worker, your duties will include:
- Good working knowledge of the Care Act, the government's transformation agenda and other relevant legislation and policy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise workload set priorities and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Working with vulnerable adults, particularity with older people and physical disabilities
- Assessing the needs of service users and arranging packages of care in line with the Care Act 2014
- Reviewing and reassessing care plans
- Managing complex cases
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults; full investigations depending on experience
- Risk assessments
- Mental capacity assessments
- Liaising effectively with families and carers
- Multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Participating in supervision
As a Learning Disabilities worker, you must be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.