EHC Plan Writer - Manchester City Centre - £15 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week + flexible home working available
We are currently recruiting for an experienced EHC Plan Writer who is familiar with the new legislation of EHC Plans.
The main objective of the role is to convert old SEN statements into EHC plans.
The EHC Plan Writer, job details:
- 3 month temporary contract
- £15 per hour pay rate + performance bonus based on agreed Key Performance Indicators
- Located in Manchester City Centre
- 37 hours per week
- Flexible home working available
The EHC Plan Writer job role:
- Have responsibility for the conversion of SEN statements and supporting information provided by the client into compliant and high quality draft EHC Plans.
- Ensure draft EHC Plans are:
- Fully compliant with statutory requirements
- Accurate and relevant to the educational, health and social care needs of the child or young person concerned
- Person-centred, has clear outcomes, contains a robust, specific description of the required provision and be supportive for the child or young person’s future.
- Flag any gaps in the supporting documentation to the client through an agreed process.
- Complete the production of each draft EHC Plan within 10 working days of receiving copies of the advice and information in relation to the child or young person
- Oversee administrative support in the development of the draft EHC Plans.
As an EHC Plan Writer, you must have the following:
- Significant experience of developing EHC Plans and transfering SEN Statements to EHC Plans
- Previous experience working with Children with Special Educational Needs.
- Detailed knowledge of legislation relating to children and young people with SEN and Disabilities. This includes the Education Act 1996, Children and Famalies Act 2014, SEND Code of Practice 2015 and the Equality Act 2010.
- Ability to provide training, mentoring and coaching to administrators to support the conversion process
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure to tight timescales and key performance indicators
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail