Social Worker - Transitions Team - Croydon - £35 per hour
Our client in Croydon is currently looking for a social worker to join their Transition team. The successful candidate will have experience with disabled young people and adults aged 16-25 in a Transition team.
Please get in contact if you're interested in applying.
Benefits of the role as a Transitions Social Worker:
- Competitive pay rate
- Regular support and supervision
As a Transitions Social Worker you will be:
- Ensuring that young people with disabilities and/or additional needs who are looked after and/or on the Child Protection Register are well supported, visited and cared for in accordance with good practice and statutory requirements.
- Ensuring that care leavers with disabilities are well supported as they move into adulthood, ensuring pathway plans are appropriate, that they are reviewed and that contact is maintained with the young person, as legislation dictates.
- Ensuring child protection and care plans are implemented and reviewed, whilst following the Council's child protection procedures.
- Record, investigate and respond to safeguards and risk management boards, complaints and compliments, and provide detailed and professional responses in accordance with relevant standards and time frames.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of current research, corporate standards, policies and procedures and of current legislation and regulations (both children's and adults legislation).
- Assessing the needs and risks of the young person and identifying actions appropriate to meet needs and address risk, whilst also recognising the needs of carers who may require assessment and provision of support.
- Assessing service users against Family Operations eligibility framework. Where service users do not meet eligibility criteria, support them in accessing universal services which can support their needs.
- Facilitating service user choice and empowerment through promoting independence, as far as possible, by using knowledge and skills to promote quality of life through application of the Social Model of Disability and inclusive communication.
As an Social Worker, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Need to be a car driver for this post
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.