Social Worker - Long Term Support Team - Merton - Up to £40,086pa
Our clients in Merton have an exciting opportunity in their Adult's social services. In particular the vacancy is in the Long Term Support Team. This is an opportunity for social workers to work in a more customer focussed, flexible way and focus our interventions towards prevention.
Benefits include, but not limited to:
- £1,500 golden hello
- Up to £963 in car allowance
- 26 days annual leave and above
About the role:
- To identify areas of risk and complete risk assessments in line with the Merton Care Management Procedures.
- To be qualified as a Best Interest Assessor and contribute to the Council's legislative duties in relation to the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards by carrying out Best Interest Assessments.
- To keep people safe by working to the agenda of the Safeguarding Adults Board including carrying out enquiries, employing the principle of making safeguarding personal, and contributing to quality assurance in safeguarding.
- To ensure that quality and value for money services are commissioned to meet identified needs and that services purchased comply with Corporate and Departmental standing orders and good practice guidelines. To effectively negotiate the best price for care and placements.
- Provide statistical information as required and to co-operate in research projects where appropriate in consultation with the Team Manager/Service Manager.
- To maintain such reports and records as may be required, including car mileage, hours worked, daily diary etc.
- To input to customer database CareFirst in an accurate and timely fashion, and to keep other records up to date as required by policy and procedure.
- Completed ASYE
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- With some experience in working with Adults who have illness, disabilities or sensory impairments
If you are interested and would like to apply for the role, please contact Ed Christmas on 0207 046 6218 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org