Principal Social Worker - Family Assessment and Support Team - Cornwall - £28.64 per hour
Cornwall's local authority's Family Assessment and Support Team in Bodmin requires a Principal Social Worker to start ASAP to cover a period of sickness and a vacancy. The successful Referral and Assessment Social Worker should be comfortable working within a challenging yet rewarding environment.
The Social Worker will be responsible for undertaking all social work tasks within Government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards on a caseload of complex cases as required by the Service/Team Manager. They will also have to ensure that the welfare of the child/young person is paramount at all times and that all assessments and interventions for which the post holder is responsible, safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people are correct.
You will also be expected to use an evidence based approach and be able to demonstrate the influences on decision that have been made.
Benefits of the role as a Family Assessment team Social Worker:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Supportive management structure
- Progression prospects
- CV enhancement
To work in the Family Assessment Team as a Social Worker you will need to have experience of:
- Liaising with other professionals
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Working with children on the Child Protection Register, Looked after Children and Children in Need.
- Risk Assessment
- Duty experience
You will need to be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events“
- Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place“
- Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.