Social Worker - Child Protection Team - North Somerset - Up to £30 per hour
North Somerset County is looking for an experienced social worker to fill a position within their Child Protection team based in Weston-Super-Mare. Successful social workers will need to have recent involvement and experience within Children in Care, Child Protection Cases, Court Experience and recent assessment experience.
You will need to have the ability to work as part of a team, applying judgement, knowledge and experience to develop effective plans for children. You will also need to be creative, motivated and demonstrate capacity to manage competing priorities and work under pressure. Key responsibilities will be to work within statutory guidelines. You should be capable of assessing needs and plan and deliver focused interventions in a timely way. The team is supported by a well-established management team.
Benefits of the role:
- Competitive pay rates
- Long contracts available
- Well performing local authority
- Supportive team
- Good reputation
- Low staff turnover
Duties will include:
Conducting Core Assessments and work with children who are the subject of Child Protection Plans.
Court Work and manage cases where children are the subject of Care Proceedings.
You will have experience of:
- Working knowledge of the Children's Act
- Court Proceedings
- Child protection Care proceedings
- Attending Court & relevant reports
- Section 47s
- Core Assessments
- Child protection meetings
- Case conferences
- Cluster model of working, team is based alongside R&A, Early Help and CAMHS
You will need to be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK licence holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.