Social Worker/Senior Social Worker - Fostering -West London - £32,628 + benefits
A fantastic opportunity has become available in West London we are working with exclusively.
Benefits of working in Hillingdon:
- Up to £2k retention allowance
- Generous holiday allowance
- HCPC registration renewal fee paid
- Free car parking
- Car pool or mileage allowance
- Mobile working with a smart-phone and laptop
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Salaries in the top quartile
- Practice Educators allowance of £1.8k
This job Duties include the following:
- The focus of your role will be undertaking assessments of foster carers, family and friend applicants, adopters and Special Guardians. You will undertake assessments and prepare written reports for presentation at the independent Fostering and Adoption Panel and in court as part of child care proceedings.
- In addition, you will be involved in the preparation and training of foster carers and adopter applicants.
- To recruit, assess, train, supervise & support, and review a range of foster carers.
- To ensure that national Childcare Legislation, fostering standards (2002 and 2011), regulations, schedules, formal notifications to Ofsted are adhered to in respect of the provision of Fostering Services , Private Fostering, short breaks family and Friends (connected persons)
- To manage a mixed caseload of foster carers, short breaks carers, ensuring an effective and efficient deployment of services and resources to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in care and in alternative arrangements.
- To work in partnership with the Local authority social work teams and to fully enact and facilitate Care Plans for children in placements
The successful Fostering Social Worker will have experience of:
- Proving support to foster carers
- Form F Assessments
- Assessing prospective foster carers
- Conducting initial visits
- Taking cases to panel
- Liaising with other professionals
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Holding complex cases
- Viability assessments
As a Fostering Social Worker, you must be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Have a full, clean license
- Post-qualified experience
If you are interested and would like to know more or apply, please contact Ed Christmas on 0207 046 6218 or email at email@example.com