Probation Service Officer - Rehabilitation Offender Management - Redhill - £20 per hour
Liquid Personnel are looking for a Probation Service Officer to work in Redhill. The team specialises in Rehabilitation Offender Management. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible either in December or early January 2018.
The team are quite a small team and you will hold a manageable case load, supported by the Senior Probation Officer and the team around you.
The contract will be ongoing whilst the team recruit for a permanent member of staff and it's expected the contract will go on for at least 6-12 months. The rate offered this role is up to £20 per hour.
Benefits as a Probation Service Officer include:
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive pay rate
- Good transport links
- Flexible working hours
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
About the team:
- You will join a top performing CRC with a strong commitment to high levels of performance and quality. The team have a strong ethos for service user engagement and work in collaboration with the people and communities we serve.
- You will join a team who are passionate about finding innovative ways to help service user’s change and offer our practitioners the freedom and flexibility to find the right solution for those they are working with.
- Working in this role offers the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives, working in a fast paced and creative environment and engaging with our accredited volunteers and mentors. Everyone likes to have fun at work and have a real team spirit whist working hard to make a difference.
Duties as a Probation Service Officer Include:
- The Probation Service Officer role offers the opportunity to work with a varied group of service users to develop a detailed understanding of their offending and needs, then deliver on plans to improve their circumstances and behaviour. You will have the opportunity to put your curiosity, empathy, organisational and planning skills and enthusiasm to use in changing people’s lives for the better.
- An driven, innovative and collaborative approach to work is essential in this role. A commitment to providing a high quality of service alongside the ability to work in a performance driven environment are also important attributes we look for in our practitioners. The role is highly varied and often exciting whilst also requiring patience and dedication to achieve long term goals. The role also provides the opportunity to work in a multi-agency context to ensure that our service users and potential victims are safeguarded and the services they need are obtained from a range of partners.
- Practitioners in our Rehabilitation teams work with service users serving community sentences and will gain experience in working with people with substance use, domestic abuse, mental health difficulties, housing and financial problems. Opportunities to specialise in areas such as working with female service users are also available.
- You will manage the sentence within our practice guidelines and legal requirements and innovate to find the right route out of offending for each of your service users. You will work as part of a team of practitioners alongside other agencies, volunteers and mentors to engage service users in making changes to their lives.
- As a Probation Service Officer you will take part in training and development to continuously improve your own skills and to develop the services we provide. You will be supported by our collaborative and dynamic management teams to fulfil your potential and achieve the best every day.
Why Liquid Personnel?
• New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
• Twice weekly payroll
• Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
• “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.