Social Worker - Referral and Assessment Project - Croydon - up to £35ph
Our Client in South London advanced Social Workers to join their project in the Referral and Assessment project. Successful Social Workers will have previous post qualified experience in a Children's front line team and be able to work autonomously.
In order to fulfill the responsibilities of the role, the successful candidate will have the ability to respond flexibly and positively to the ever-changing pressures of a Referral & Assessment Team.
Duration of the project - 6 months
Pay rates up to £35 per hour - Qualified Social Workers with extensive post qualified experience
Benefits of working within this Referral & Assessment role:
- Like working from home
- High pay rate
- Minimum of 6 months
- Quick response for interviews and feedback
Your main duties will be to:
- Conduct initial assessments/section 47 investigations, as well as attending Children in Need Meetings.
- Clear assessments - Caseload target is 20 currently, they are peaking at 30 however the temporary structure of an Assistant Unit Manager and more social workers in a team will reduce caseloads.
- Manage a complex case loads and be able to meet time scales for completion of assessments and section 47 enquiries
- Be focused on evidencing direct work with children
The majority of referrals are progressed as section 17 assessments where an initial visit needs to take place within 72 hours. However some cases can escalate to a section 47 assessment (either immediately or once a child had been seen and assessed under section 17). A section 47 visit must take place within 24 hours as the child has or will be at risk of 'significant harm'. In those circumstances we have a duty to make reasonable enquiries as to whether or not any action to safeguard the child should be taken. The timescales for visits are basic social work standards
As a Referral & Assessment Social Worker you will be:
- A quick thinking social worker who is used to the high demands of referral and assessment work
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
• New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
• Twice weekly payroll
• Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
• “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.