Youth Offending Officer -Youth Offending Team - Hounslow - up to £21 per hour
Our client in Hounslow currently looking an experienced Youth Offending Officer (Diversion and out of courts disposal). The ideal candidate will have experience working within a YOT team and experience working with Asset, SQIFA, and SIFA.
Benefits of the role as a Youth Offending Officer:
- Undertaking assessment using asset plus
- Intervention plans
- Delivering interventions
- Undertaking statutory appointments
- Working with young people prevention unit
- Presentence reports
- Attending court
- Partnership working
Purpose of the role as a Youth Offending Officer:
- To reduce the rate of proven re-offending by young offenders subject to out of courts disposals by the application of approved assessment tools to identify risk and protective factors, and to plan and deliver effective, evidence- based interventions.
- To reduce the number of First Time Entrants to the Youth Justice system by delivery appropriate interventions to divert young people from crime and the Criminal Justice System following rigorous assessment.
Key Accountabilities as a Youth Offending Officer:
- Ensure that equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice is a priority throughout the work
- Undertake assessments of young people using the ASSET, SQIFA and SIFA tools, to develop an understanding of the risk factors that underpin their offending together with the individual needs of the young person.
- To undertake pre-assessment reports for the Out of Court Disposals Panel, to include background information, so as to assist panel members in decision making
- Write intervention plans and review plans that address the risk factors identified during assessments
- To deliver high quality assessment, plans and interventions to divert young people from crime, or reduce the likelihood of further offending behaviour by those subject to Out of Court Disposals.
- To maintain case records in accordance with local and national Standards for working with young offenders.
- To demonstrate a victim-centred approach to working with young offenders that takes account of victims wishes, their safety and well-being, and to promote the use of Restorative Justice Interventions where appropriate
- To protect the public by ensuring that young offenders Risk of Harm to others is assessed in accordance with local and national guidance and to plan and deliver appropriate interventions to manage and reduce risk.
To apply for this YOT role, you must have:
- Previous post qualified experience
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Valid UK Licence
Why Liquid Personnel?
• New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
• Twice weekly payroll
• Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
• “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.