Senior Practitioner - UASC Fostering - North East London - Up to £41,025 + Benefits
Our Client in North East London has an exciting new opportunity within their Fostering service, in particular, working with their Recruitment, Assessment and Support of Foster Carers for Unacccompanied Asylum Seeking Children service. This is a brilliant opportunity for a promotion or to show off your skill set.
- Savings Childcare vouchers
- Training and Development
- Staff Discounts
- Opportunities for flexible working
About the role:
- To specifically recruit, assess and support Foster Carers wishing to care for Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children.
- This role will be responsible for taking the lead on all areas of the fostering process relating to this specific group of carers;
- Marketing initiatives for targeted recruitment of such carers, conducting assessments that comply with the Fostering Regulations with the added element of supporting UAS children and young people, and supporting carers post approval, taking account of the specific issues to this group.
- Identifying relevant additional training and establishing peer support between the group.
- Sits alongside the rest of the fostering service, participating in practice support group supervision to share skills, knowledge and expertise.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification (Social work degree)
- HCPC registered
- Experience working in a fostering setting