Youth Offending Team Practitioner - North West London - Up to £38,904pa
Our Client in North-West London have an exciting new YOT Practitioner vacancy. This is an exciting opportunity to gain new experience in a busy and dynamic setting.
- Season ticket loan
- Training and development opportunities
- Excellent and supportive managers
About the role:
- To supervise, facilitate compliance and enforce the statutory orders that children and young people become subject to that are the responsibility of the Youth Offending Team
- To represent the Youth Offending Service at the Youth Court and other Courts, including Crown Court as required, including Saturday, Bank Holiday and any other occasional Courts.
- To attend as required as an Appropriate Adult at PACE interviews of young people who are arrested.
- To make accurate, clear assessments of risk in relation to harm to the public, dangerousness, re-offending and vulnerability and to develop and implement risk and vulnerability management plans which are reflected in intervention planning and delivery of services.
- To advise the line manager, Youth Offending Service Manager and/or other appropriate professionals of any concerns relating to the safety, welfare and protection of children and young people.
- To participate in the supervision of students placed with the Youth Offending Team.
- To work within the principles of “Working together to safeguard children” and the Pan London Child Protection Procedures in relation to safeguarding young people.
- The post holder may be required to work outside normal office hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
- Experience in a Youth Offending Team
- Knowledge of the Children Act, all Criminal Justice Acts, Crime and
- Disorder Act 1998, National Standards and other relevant
- Legislation and guidance
- Level 4 qualification in a relevant discipline (such as Social Work,
- Criminology, Psychology or Probation) or Professional Certificate in
- Effective Practice