Social Worker - Fostering/LAC Team - Blackburn - £25.02ph
A unique opportunity has come up for experienced Social Workers to join the Fostering Service within Blackburn. The successful Social Worker will be required to assist in the provision of a comprehensive Fostering Service to looked after children and their families. You will be required to participating in appropriate care planning, assessing prospective family and friends carers and supporting them in their care of children. You also be required to manage a diverse case load and have the ability to work under pressure. It is also essential that you have some previous experience of working within the PLO.
This is a good opportunity for those to work within an Ofsted rated 'good' authority.
Benefits of the role as a Fostering/LAC Social Worker:
- Good rate of pay
- CV Enhancement
- Good management structure/Supportive team
- Flexible working
- Ofsted rating 'Good'
- Manageable workload
- Open plan office space, flexible seating arrangements, modern kitchen facilities and the latest technology
- On site parking
- In house training
As a Fostering/LAC Social Worker you will have experience of:
- Child Protection and Court Work
- Care Proceedings
- Core Group Meetings
- Looked After Reviews and working with Children in Care
- Writing a variety of assessments and reports
- Working within the PLO
- Assess the suitability of prospective family and friends carers in accordance with National Minimum Standards and Fostering Services Regulations 2011.
- Undertaking Reg 24 assessments and Combined family and friends/SGO Assessments within agreed court timescales.
- Completing High quality assessments in a short timescales
- Experince of family and friends assessment work.
- Attending and giving evidence in court
- Preparing assessment reports for the Fostering Panel and other reports as required.
As a Fostering/LAC Social Worker You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
• New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
• Twice weekly payroll
• Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
• “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.