Youth Offending Officer - Youth Offending Team - Bury St. Edmunds - £14 per hour
Our client in Bury St. Edmunds currently looking for an experienced Youth Offending Officer.
The Suffolk Youth Offending Service (SYOS) works with children, young people who are in, or on the edge of the Youth Justice System. The service also works with parents and carers and the victims of youth crime. SYOS is a multi-agency partnership hosted by Suffolk County Council. The aim is to prevent offending by children and young people and protect the public from the harm caused by their offending. At the same time the service works to ensure the safety and wellbeing of these children and young people and to enhance their life aspirations and opportunities.
You will gain valuable experience in:
- Undertaking assessment using asset plus
- Intervention plans
- Delivering interventions
- Undertaking statutory appointments
- Working with young people prevention unit
- Presentence reports
- Attending court
- Partnership working
Duties of the YOT include:
- Offering a range of services to young people and their carers including structured intervention programmes
- Delivering Restorative Justice interventions
- Attending Youth Courts and providing court duty cover
- Demonstrates knowledge of Signs of Safety and a broad practical understanding of and skills in using solution focused approaches of intervention.
- Ability to effectively apply solution focused approaches to deliver successful outcomes.
- Ability to clarify risks and concerns and focus on solutions to create a climate in which change can happen.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidance as appropriate to role
- Ability to recognise and act on Child Protection and risk of harm and re-offending issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Ability to recognise and manage risk of harm to others and risk of reoffending issues and escalate as appropriate
- Knowledge of associated agencies and their working practices and roles.
- Ability to use a range of assessment frameworks
- In depth knowledge of the social and emotional factors that affect a child's capacity to learn and develop.
- Understanding the diverse range of needs of clients & backgrounds
To apply for this YOT role, you must have:
- Previous post qualified experience
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Valid UK Driving Licence
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.