Youth Offending Officer - Bexleyheath - £21 per hour
Our client in Bexleyheath is currently looking for an experienced Youth Offending Officer. The ideal candidate will have experience working within a YOT team and experience working with Asset Plus.
They are looking for a YOT officer to ensure your own practice in relation to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people is discharged to the highest professional expectations and standards. To report any safeguarding or risk-related issues and concerns to management in a timely and appropriate manner, and record all work to a high standard on the YOS information system YOIS.
Duties of the YOT include:
- To act as a named key worker and develop and implement agreed plans for young offenders.
- To meet all quality standards set by YOT, the partnership agencies and National Standards for Youth Justice,
- To prepare pre-sentencing reports or other reports within the agreed timescale for the courts and attend to present reports as and when required.
- To prepare reports for case conferences, reviews and referral panels and attend as and when required.
- To draw up action plans with and for young people and their parents based on assessed needs, and coordinate their implementation.
- To provide duty cover on a rota basis for the YOT team.
- To attend supervision and implement jointly agreed action.
- To keep up to date records of work undertaken on behalf of the department.
- To comply with statutory duties and departmental policy and procedures in relation to young people.
- To act as appropriate adult when young people are being interviewed at a Police Station as required.
Experience gained from this role:
- Undertaking assessment using asset plus
- Intervention plans
- Delivering interventions
- Undertaking statutory appointments
- Working with young people prevention unit
- Presentence reports
- Attending court
- Partnership working
To apply for this YOT role, you must have:
- Previous post qualified experience
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Valid UK Driving Licence
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.