Senior Social Worker - Guildford, Surrey - Children in Need Team - Up to £43,150 + benefits
Surrey children services are currently looking for a senior social worker to join their Children in Need team based in Guildford, Surrey. This is a great opportunity to join a stable and motivated team.
Benefits of a Senior Social Worker in Guildford, Surrey:
- 28 days annual leave.
- £2000 golden hello.
- Access to development and training
- Local Government Pension Scheme
About the role:
- To undertake Initial and Core Assessments of children and families in accordance with the Assessment Framework, ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner and include an analysis of the needs and circumstances of each child and family, the desired outcomes to be achieved and the services that are required.
- To ensure that every allocated child has an up to date and outcome focused Plan that clearly states the action, responsible professional(s) and agreed time scale for completion.
- To ensure that all allocated children are visited, spoken to/communicated with and monitored in accordance with statutory and procedural requirements and in line with best practice standards.
- To ensure that all correspondence and written notes detailing the outcomes and decisions from meetings with children/young people and Parents/Carers are distributed promptly.
- To prepare and present reports for a range of purposes, including child protection conferences, child looked after reviews and court, and ensures that these are produced to a high quality standard.
- To ensure that all new referrals are brought to the attention of the Team Manager so that management action can be provided in a prompt and timely manner.
- In consultation with the Team Manager, Senior Managers, relevant others (e.g. Legal Services) and any appropriate Panels, take direction, guidance and advice about casework planning.
- At times, give supervision to other social workers
- HCPC registered
- Post-Qualified experience
- Social Work degree
- Car Driver