Social Worker - Looked After Children - Southend-on-Sea - up to £35,444 + benefits
Our client in Southend have an exciting new vacancy for a social worker to join their Court and Permanence Team, otherwise known an Looked After Children. This is an exciting opportunity for someone considering getting experience in a new social work setting.
- Relocation grant of up to £8,000
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
- Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
About the role:
- To provide professional and comprehensive casework to a caseload of young people appropriate to experience and capabilities. To ensure the highest of professional standards and good overall knowledge of relevant legislation regulation and practice methods
- To investigate, evaluate and analyse information on cases, demonstrating clarity of assessment, reliability of information, evidences conclusions and realistic pathway plans. Ensure adequate recording that evidences practice
- To develop practice, which takes a holistic view of the individual, locating them in both their immediate and extended social circles, and having full regard to their overall development needs.
- To be familiar with Equal Opportunities good practise and the Council requirements for diversity and to implement this in all aspects of working practice and promote it in the team, workplace and wider organisation.
- To ensure that all case management complies with the statutory requirements and the Council's policies and procedures
- To ensure the Team Manager is kept fully appraised of problems arising from workload and seek advice as and when necessary.
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full driving license
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
- An enhanced DBS
If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact Ed Christmas on 0207 046 6218 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org