Restorative Justice and Victim Worker - Blackpool - £14 per hour
Our client in Blackpool is currently looking for an experienced Restorative Justice and Victim Support worker.
Duties of the role include:
- To hold a caseload of all victims for Blackpool's Youth Offending Team, ensuring that all they are contacted in line with National Standards.
- To ensure that the victim's views and wishes are assessed, represented and actioned throughout each young person's court Order or out of court disposal and to support the victim through the Restorative Justice process
- To contribute to translating legislation relevant to victims into YOT service delivery
- To complete assessments
- To attend meetings such as Referral Order Panels, Risk Management Panels, Youth Rehabilitation and Detention and Training Order Planning meetings in order to put the victim's views across and ensure that the victim's needs are being met. In addition, the YOT Restorative Justice Worker will feedback any information to the victim, or attend the meeting with the victim where appropriate
- To undertake risk assessments to ensure the safety and suitability of direct restorative justice meetings between victims and young people.
- To plan, facilitate and chair Restorative Justice meetings, in a way that manages the inherent tensions sensitively to protect and achieve positive outcomes for both parties.
- To undertake Restorative Justice work where it is appropriate and possible; from Out of Court Disposals to Custody cases and to be able to manage the challenges in each context for all parties.
- To provide Restorative Justice and Victim Awareness interventions to young people on a one to one basis
- To provide training for YOT staff and Community Panel members, other council and partner agency staff.
- To provide supervision to volunteer Community Panel members chairing Referral Order Panels, to maintain the quality of restorative practice in line with Restorative Justice Council standards.
- To record, collate and provide data and written reports on services to victims and to carry out quality assurance or evaluation processes, identifying improvement actions as required.
To apply for this role, you must have:
- Previous experience
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Valid UK Driving Licence
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.