Service Manager - Children in Need & Academy Team - Leatherhead, Surrey - Up to £57,644 + benefits
Our clients in Surrey have an exciting new opportunity in their Children in Need & Academy service for a new Service Manager.
- relocation packages
- generous annual leave
- savings on child care and staff discounts
- car parking
About the role:
- this post will be responsible for the North East Social Work Academy which has an annual intake of 10 new qualified social workers.
- You will lead and manage a diverse team of Team Managers, Social Workers and Family Support Workers in order to deliver a strong, child focused Child in Need Service.
- You will ensure consistency of practice, decision making, effective planning and innovation for and with children, leading a culture of professional curiosity, openness, honesty, humility and a drive to provide the best services and support for children.
- With your leadership, you will also ensure your team members are well equipped to succeed, ensuring their support and development remain key priorities.
- You will be a proactive part of the Senior Management Team in the North East Area overseeing social work practice from Assessment to Looked After Children.
The requirements to be shortlisted for interview your CV and personal statement will need to clearly evidence:
- That you hold either a first degree in social work approved by the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC) or a previous qualification, e.g. the Diploma in Social Work (Dip SW) or CQSW
- Registered with HCPC
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- Managerial experience
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills. You will also need to possess a UK Drivers Licence and have daily use of a car