Social Worker - Youth Offending / Youth Resilience - £32 per hour - Kingston, London
Liquid Personnel are looking for a experienced Youth Offending Social Worker to work in Kingston, London. The ideal candidate will have substantial post-qualifying experience as a Social Worker, with some experience in youth offending teams.
The team are very welcoming to agency Social Workers and you will receive a lot of support from managers and colleagues. The role is for 5 days per week, but flexible working is considered if required. The contract is for 3 months initially, but likely to be extended and is offering up to £32 per hour.
Main Purpose of the role as a Youth Offending Social Worker:
The Youth Resilience Social Worker will be responsible for ensuring that adolescents are safeguarded from harm whilst parents and carers of adolescents are supported in their parenting capacity to protect and nurture them whilst ensuring that public is protected where youth offending is concerned. The postholder will sit within one of the blended Youth Resilience Service teams and will be aligned to a specific Cluster.
Benefits as a Youth Offending Social Worker include:
- Twice weekly payroll
- Likelihood of ongoing long term contract
- Competitive pay rate
- Flexibility around working hours
The focus of the service will be on young people who are:
- Aged 13 + with multiple vulnerabilities and engaged in risky behaviour whose needs cannot be met by Family and Youth Support cluster teams;
- Aged 10 + who may enter into the criminal justice system and require youth justice intervention and those under 13 who require substance misuse support;
- Engaged with offending and or substance misuse, risky behaviour or at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE);
- At risk of homelessness with a focus on 16/17 year olds;
- At risk of becoming children looked after
Key Responsibilities as a Youth Offending Social Worker:
- To undertake effective assessment and care planning process within youth justice and child in need frameworks.
- To safeguard all children and young people, making sure robust risk management takes please to manage assessed vulnerabilities and risk to protect children and young people and where appropriate members of general public in relation to youth justice service delivery, ensuring young offenders serve their sentence.
- To make every effort to ensure support packages are personalised to the needs of young people and their families in line with the Youth Resilience intervention framework to achieve best outcomes and where appropriate compliance with the youth justice sentence, preventing re-offending.
- To prepare high quality PSRs and work in close collaboration with Court Practice lead to ensure that young people involved in offending are supported to engage effectively with Court process.
- To undertake effective assessments of youth homelessness in line with the Southwark Judgement protocol where relevant.
- To work restoratively with all adolescents, including young offenders and victims of crime in line with the service restorative approach principles and standards
You will be:
- Registered with the HCPC
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.