Social Worker - Looked After Children's Team - West Sussex - up to £35ph
We are currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a Looked after Children team based in Horsham, West Sussex. You will be working in a rural area and benefit from a supportive team with very competitive rates.
You must be able to assess risks, needs and information, and recognise problems. Our client requires you to understand philosophies, professional social work issues and the legal framework underpinning care services. To be considered you must be computer literate, have basic numeracy skills and possess good communication skills with ability to negotiate with services users.
About the role:
- To provide professional and comprehensive casework to a caseload of young people appropriate to experience and capabilities. To ensure the highest of professional standards and good overall knowledge of relevant legislation regulation and practice methods
- To investigate, evaluate and analyse information on cases, demonstrating clarity of assessment, reliability of information, evidences conclusions and realistic pathway plans. Ensure adequate recording that evidences practice
- To develop practice, which takes a holistic view of the individual, locating them in both their immediate and extended social circles, and having full regard to their overall development needs.
- To be familiar with Equal Opportunities good practise and the Council requirements for diversity and to implement this in all aspects of working practice and promote it in the team, workplace and wider organisation.
- To ensure that all case management complies with the statutory requirements and the Council's policies and procedures
- To ensure the Team Manager is kept fully appraised of problems arising from workload and seek advice as and when necessary.
As a Child Protection Social Worker, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.