Social Worker - Learning Disabilities Team - Haringey - £28-32 ph
My client in Haringey is seeking to employ an experienced social worker, with a background in Learning Disabilities, to reassess the needs of people in Residential Care and Supported Living, with a view to moving them on to lesser restrictive accommodation.
Applicants will have experience of working with people with complex Learning Disabilities, with physical and mental health needs. Experience of transitioning people through services is also highly desirable. Transforming the lives of people with Learning Disabilities can be challenging and so you will be driven to achieve change and improve the lives of our service users. Having knowledge of DoL's and Mental Capacity is highly desirable.
The role will require you to work closely with Brokerage and Commissioning, Housing and Health Partners. Applicants will need to be motivated and able to work autonomously, within a highly skilled and supportive integrated health and social care setting.
This role will prove extremely rewarding to the right candidate, and will be an excellent addition to any CV.
Benefits of the role:
- Supportive team
- Competitive pay rate
- Hugely rewarding as you help some of the most vulnerable people in society.
Requirements for the position as a Learning Disabilities Social Worker:
- HCPC registered
- Good working knowledge of the Care Act, the government's transformation agenda and other relevant legislation and policy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise workload set priorities and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Full UK license
As an experienced Learning Disabilities Social Worker, your duties will include:
- Working with vulnerable adults, particularity with older people and physical disabilities
- Assessing the needs of service users and arranging packages of care in line with the Care Act 2014
- Reviewing and reassessing care plans
- Managing complex cases
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults; full investigations depending on experience
- Risk assessments
- Mental capacity assessments
- Liaising effectively with families and carers
- Multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Participating in supervision
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.