Senior Social Worker - Child with Disabilities Team - Redhill, Surrey - Up to £39,270 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Surrey's Children with Disabilities Teams as a senior social worker, based in Redhill and covering the East of Surrey. They are looking for confident and skilled social workers who are determined to achieve the best for children. The team comprises Social Workers, Family Support Workers and is part of a well-resourced Children with Disabilities Service.
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 24 days annual leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working, mobile phones and laptops
- Local government salary-related pension offered
- Option to join the car lease scheme
About the role:
- Safeguard and promote the welfare and development of disabled children whilst supporting children to be cared for by their families at home by working closely with children, parents/carers and colleagues in other agencies
- Deliver effective interventions to achieve significant long term improvements for children
- The team is implementing the recent SEND reforms so you will be part of consolidating new and innovative ways of working.
- A dedicated Short Breaks Team that collaborates with voluntary sector colleagues to provide extensive leisure and other services and support for disabled children and their families.
- If successful we will provide management, supervision and leadership training so you are equipped for this role and to be involved in the more strategic development of the Service.
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full driving license and car
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.