Children's Social Worker - Looked After Children (LAC Team) - Woking- £33,332 - £38,312 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Surrey's Looked After Children Teams as a children's social worker, based in Woking, Surrey. They are looking for confident and skilled social workers who are determined to achieve the best for children. Working for the Looked After Children's Team provides a real opportunity to make a difference.
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working including part-time, job share and home working
- Local government salary-related pension offered
About the role:
- As a Social Worker in a Looked After Children's Team, your aim and role will be to support children living with relatives, friends or foster families and prospective adopters or older children living in children's homes and semi-independent units to ensure their safety and support them towards independence.
- Through regular visits, assessments and reviewing their Care Plan, you will nurture and develop meaningful relations with these children; understand and interpret their wishes, and champion and support them to reach their full potential.
- Occasionally, you will be required to prepare reports and attend court.
- You will be supported in this challenging role with regular supervision, and by working alongside other social workers, family support workers and partnership organisations such as: Health Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Independent Reviewing officers and carers.
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full UK driving license and daily access to a car
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree
- Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills
If you are interested in the role or would like to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Nina Brun on 0207 046 6215 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org