Social Worker - Adoption Services - Southend-On-Sea Borough - Up to £35,444 + benefits
Our Client in Southend has an excellent opportunity to join one of the Adoption Services Team. This position is for a 12 month fixed contract. This is an opportunity for a self-motivated, high calibre social worker. Southend Borough Council has a gold standard for 'Investors in People' and is one of Stonewall's top 100 employers. Children's Services is committed to being a learning organisation and has excellent training and support.
- Relocation grant of up to £8,000
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Savings of up to £900 on childcare vouchers
- Car scheme that allows workers to drive new, fully maintenance, insured car at a lower cost
About the role:
- To provide an efficient and cost effective social work service to children, young people and their families, ensuring that the needs of the children and their parents/carers are professionally assessed.
- To recruit, assess and support prospective adopters to ensure that the care that they provide meets the needs of the individual child.
- To gather, investigate, evaluate and analyse all necessary information on assigned cases, demonstrating clarity of assessment, reliability of information, evidenced, conclusions and realistic action plans.
- To develop practice, which takes a holistic view of the individual, locating them in both their immediate and extended social circles, and having full regard to their education, social, recreational, and health needs.
- To ensure that all case work and adoption services comply with statutory requirements, regulation and the Council's policies and procedures
- To ensure that investigations, enquiries and assessments are completed to high professional standards and that each case has in place current Care Plans and Adoption Plans.
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Valid driving licence and car available for business use.
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree.
- Knowledge of child protection, looked after children and associated child in need social work practice issues.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
If you are interested in the role or would like to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Nina Brun on 0207 046 6215 or email her at email@example.com