Children's Professional Development Manager - Leatherhead, Surrey - up to £50,903 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Surrey's Children's Professional Development Teams as a Senior Social worker, based in Leatherhead. They are looking for confident and skilled social workers who are determined to achieve the best for children. In Surrey they ensure that their social workers have varied, mixed and manageable workloads, regular supervision, and through annual appraisals you will be have the opportunity for career development and pay progression.
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 24 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working, including part-time, job share and home working.
- Local government salary-related pension offered
About the role:
- This is an excellent opportunity to join the Practice, Quality and Learning Service within Surrey Children's Service. The team supports continuous improvement as a learning organisation to positively impact upon practice standards and deliver improved outcomes for vulnerable children and families.
- It delivers this through a range of activities which include; development of the Academy initiative, liaison and partnership with Universities and other key organisations, understanding workforce needs to ensure practitioners from ASYE to managers are skilled and supported, delivering a programme of training, workshops, observations, Communities of Practice, tailored support and professional expertise.
- Evaluating practice through audit and quality assurance, evidencing outcomes and working with managers across Children's Service to develop plans and actions that drive practice and service improvement.
- As Professional Development Manager you will lead in the professional development of trainee and practicing social workers and will have the knowledge and expertise to provide advice and support in a range of areas including Student Placements, Step Up, Apprenticeships, Accreditation and ASYE. You will manage the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and develop the Teaching Partnership to improve the overall quality of practice learning.
- You will supervise the Practice Educator role with the team and develop and expand the training and support to Practice Educators and Work Based Supervisors to ensure a high quality placement experience for students.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with Universities, Higher Education institutions, partner organisations and the SW London & Surrey Alliance on a local, regional and national level to promote collaboration, joint working and share best practice.
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full driving license and car
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
If you are interested in the role or would like to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Nina Brun on 0207 046 6215 or email her at email@example.com