Social Worker - Assessment Team - Hemel Hempstead - Up to £38,486 + benefits
Our client in Hertfordshire is looking for a social worker to join their Assessment team. This is an exciting opportunity to move into a local authority to grow and expand your knowledge.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Car lease scheme
- Relocation package of up to £6,000
About the role:
- Undertakes assessments of children and young people in line with requirements from the Children Act 1989 to establish their health and development needs.
- Speaking with key professionals who know the child and family such as schools, police, probation, health (GP, Health Visitor etc.).
- Aim to promote the children's upbringing within their families and use special interview techniques to help families come up with plans that will ensure they can safely care for their children. In some cases this is not possible to begin with and the team may consider alternate arrangements if agreed by the Court.
- Assessments may decide that the child and family's needs can be better met by a range of other services or lead to a plan involving a range of agencies that we would agree with the family for provision of services to meet the identified needs and address levels of risk.
- Eligible to work in the U.K.
- Car Driver
- Post-qualified experience