Service Manager - Registered Manager - Fostering - Surrey - £50,903- £56,261 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Surrey's Fostering Teams as a Service Manager, based in Surrey. They are looking for a confident Manager with a strong background in fostering, strong leadership and excellent communication skills. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person who has excellent knowledge of the Fostering Regulations, good communication skills and a passion for ensuring that Looked after Children can live in nurturing and stable homes.
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 24 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working, mobile phones and laptops.
- Local government salary-related pension offered
About the role:
- You will be responsible for carrying out all the statutory duties of the Registered Manager of a Fostering Service and will therefore need to register with Ofsted.
- In the Fostering Service we are ambitious for the children in our care and seek to promote their views to develop our practice. This role will provide you with an opportunity to shape the service in order to develop specific schemes and improve efficiency.
- The continual development of our workforce is a strong feature in delivering excellent services to children and families under our care.
- You will work closely with the Fostering Service Manager, (operations), and with the Assistant Head of Countywide Services to identify areas for development within the service, whilst also monitoring budgets.
- You will be able to demonstrate your excellent leadership skills as you will be required to attend and manage a broad range of meetings, working collaboratively with providers to ensure 'best value.
- You will line manage Family and Friends Teams, Special Guardianship assessments and support, Private Fostering and support Foster Carer training. There is a strong programme of Social Pedagogy, restorative practice, attachment and trauma training.
- You will work closely with the Foster Carers executive and ensure there is a strong ethos of partnership working. You will also work in partnership with Social Work Managers and other professionals to ensure that our young people achieve the best outcomes possible.
- You must have a good understanding of the diverse and complex needs of young people and be willing to address practice issues and manage complex safeguarding concerns, critically analysing information and completing evidence based reports
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full UK driving license and daily access to a car
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree
- Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
If you are interested in the role or would like to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Nina Brun on 0207 046 6215 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org