Social Worker - Referral & Assessment Team - Bromley - Up to £ £38,354 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Bromley's Referral & Assessment Teams. They are looking for highly talented and ambitious Social Workers who will join them in their collective efforts to re-shape service delivery to children, will manage risk, not just take it, and crucially they will be proud to work for Bromley.
- £1,000 'Golden Hello'
- £1,500 annual retention
- £1,670 Car Lease Scheme
- Generous annual leave
- Merited Reward Scheme up to £1000
- Savings with Childcare
- Pension Scheme
About the role:
- With appropriate supervision, assess for and provide services to children in need within the framework of the appropriate legislation, regulations, departmental procedures and child care policy.
- To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
- To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
- All post holders are expected to maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with the Departmental vision, values, procedures and managerial guidance.
- To manage a caseload of children and families, including:
- Undertaking, contributing to and participating in core assessments, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the Dfes. Assessment Framework.
- Implementing Child Protection and LAC Procedures as and when required
- Facilitating the provision and co ordination of appropriate services
- Working with families and children and young people to reduce the need for accommodation or care proceedings
Working within the Borough's child protection guidelines to:
- Undertake investigations under Section 47s on allocated and duty cases as required.
- Provide reports as required for child protection case conferences, children in need meetings, permanency meetings, child care reviews and in court processes. This may include giving evidence in Court.
The Bromley Promise:
- Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker amongst the lowest in the country
- Dedicated time for reflective supervision
- Small Cluster teams with one team manager supervising five Social Workers
- Two week protected induction programme
- Excellent Learning and development opportunities with bespoke training for every social worker
- Social Workers and team managers have easy and regular access to the leadership team
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree
- Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills