Social Worker - Child Protection Team - Bromley - up to £ £38,354 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Bromley's Child Protection teams. They are looking for highly talented and ambitious Social Workers who will join them in their collective efforts to re-shape service delivery to children, will manage risk, not just take it, and crucially they will be proud to work for Bromley.
- £1,000 'Golden Hello'
- £1,500 annual retention
- £1,670 Car Lease Scheme
- Generous annual leave
- Merited Reward Scheme up to £1000
- Savings with Childcare
- Pension Scheme
About the role:
- To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other divisions, Council Departments, N.H.S. trusts, schools, carers, voluntary and independent sector providers.
- To maintain high standards of professional practice within their own workload and to promote and enhance such practice within the team and division.
- Senior Practitioners may be responsible for supervision of some staff (up to level III Social Workers) in the service and share the operational management of the service.
- All post holders are expected to maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with the Departmental vision, values, procedures and managerial guidance.
- Making a comprehensive assessment of need, in partnership with the child, parents, other family members and professionals as appropriate in accordance with the National Assessment Framework.
- Planning, implementing and terminating interventions.
- Facilitating the provision and co-ordination of appropriate services.
- Making referrals to the Community Mental Health Team where adults have particularly complex or problematic needs and maintaining liaison with psychiatric services in order to promote timely and effective management of mental health problems.
- Working within the Borough's Child Protection guidelines to undertake key worker responsibilities towards children on the child protection register as outlined in para. 6, but additionally:
- Formulating and updating child protection plans, with appropriate guidance from the Group Manager.
The Bromley Promise:
- Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker amongst the lowest in the country
- Dedicated time for reflective supervision
- Small Cluster teams with one team manager supervising five Social Workers
- Two week protected induction programme
- Excellent Learning and development opportunities with bespoke training for every social worker
- Social Workers and team managers have easy and regular access to the leadership team
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree
- Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills