Social Worker - Looked After Children (LAC) - Blackpool - £32 per hour
Hours: Part Time
An experienced Social Worker is required to start on the Looked after Children's Team in Blackpool. The successful Social Worker must be competent in planning and undertaking assessments, discharging care orders and completing matching reports. Experience with Child in Need and Child Protection plans, PLO processes, and planning for permanence is also essential.
You are also required to have a good understanding of the role of corporate parent and have the ability to write appropriate reports/care plans which reflect the needs of children/young people.
Benefits of the role as a Looked after Children (LAC) Social Worker:
- Stable Authority
- Supportive Team
- Great Location
- 18.5 hours a week
- Excellent rate of pay
The successful Looked after Children (LAC) Social Worker will have experience of:
- Liaising with other clients, agencies and professionals
- Completing work with timescales
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Attending Court
- Working with Public Law Outline (PLO)
- Child protection meetings
- Case conferences
- Attending LAC Reviews
- Effective networking and conflict resolution
- Report writing and written communications
- Prioritising and managing caseloads
- Assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with, children and young people.
- Working with parents, families, carers and networks to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people
- Developing and maintaining, and working collaboratively with, a network of internal and external colleagues
As a Looked after Children (LAC) Social Worker, you must be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Have a full, clean license
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.