Senior Practitioner - Leaving Care - Bromley - Up to £43,088 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Bromley's Leaving Care Teams as a Senior Practitioner. They are looking for highly talented and ambitious Social Workers who will join them in their collective efforts to re-shape service delivery to children, will manage risk, not just take it, and crucially they will be proud to work for Bromley.
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- £2,000 annual retention
- £1,670 Car Lease Scheme
- Generous annual leave
- Merited Reward Scheme up to £1000
- Savings with Childcare
- Pension Scheme
About the role:
- To provide professional and comprehensive casework to a caseload of children and young people appropriate to experience and capabilities.
- To ensure the highest of professional standards and good overall knowledge of relevant legislation regulation and practice methods.
- To provide an efficient and cost effective service to children, young people and their families, ensuring that the needs of the children and their parents/carers are professionally assessed.
- To investigate, evaluate and analyse information on cases, demonstrating clarity of assessment, reliability of information, evidences conclusions and realistic action plans.
- To develop practice, that takes a holistic view of the individual, locating them in both their immediate and extended social circles, and having full regard to their overall development needs.
- To ensure that all case management complies with the statutory requirements and the Council's policies and procedures
- To prepare and submit written reports as and when required, including statements and care plans for care proceedings in the Family Proceedings, County and High Courts.
- To ensure the Team Manager is kept fully appraised of problems arising from workload and seek advice as and when necessary.
- Where appropriate to act as the duty worker for the team, responding to queries and issues.
- To proactively liaise with and work in partnership other agencies and organisations, parents and carers.
The Bromley Promise:
- Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker amongst the lowest in the country
- Dedicated time for reflective supervision
- Small Cluster teams with one team manager supervising five Social Workers
- Two week protected induction programme
- Excellent Learning and development opportunities with bespoke training for every social worker
- Social Workers and team managers have easy and regular access to the leadership team
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Degree, Masters, C.Q. S.W., Dip.S.W. Or equivalent.
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree
- Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills