Senior Practitioner - Looked After Children - Bromley - Up to £43,088 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Bromley's Looked After Children Teams as a Senior Practitioner. They are looking for highly talented and ambitious Social Workers who will join them in their collective efforts to re-shape service delivery to children, will manage risk, not just take it, and crucially they will be proud to work for Bromley.
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- £2,000 annual retention
- £1,670 Car Lease Scheme
- Generous annual leave
- Merited Reward Scheme up to £1000
- Savings with Childcare
- Pension Scheme
About the role:
- As a Social Worker in a Looked After Children's Team, your aim and role will be to support children living with relatives, friends or foster families and prospective adopters or older children living in children's homes and semi-independent units to ensure their safety and support them towards independence.
- Through regular visits, assessments and reviewing their Care Plan, you will nurture and develop meaningful relations with these children; understand and interpret their wishes, and champion and support them to reach their full potential.
- Occasionally, you will be required to prepare reports and attend court.
- You will be supported in this challenging role with regular supervision, and by working alongside other social workers, family support workers and partnership organisations such as: Health Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Independent Reviewing officers and carers.
- We are confident that with your support, we will continue to provide good social care services to our children in Bromley as set out in our improvement and transformation plan. In return we ask that you bring your passion, dedication and skills to us.
The Bromley Promise:
- Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker amongst the lowest in the country
- Dedicated time for reflective supervision
- Small Cluster teams with one team manager supervising five Social Workers
- Two week protected induction programme
- Excellent Learning and development opportunities with bespoke training for every social worker
- Social Workers and team managers have easy and regular access to the leadership team
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree
- Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills