Social Worker - Transitions (0-25) - Medway - £28-£30 per hour
Our client in Medway is currently looking for a Social Worker to join their Transitions 0-25 Team. The job will mostly be reviewing the cases of young adults and children with disabilities, reviewing packages and support plans.
The ideal candidate with have fantastic knowledge of the Care Act, Safeguarding, Mental Capacity Act and both children's and adults legislation. The manager is looking to interview immediately so please apply now!
Benefits of a Transitions Social Worker:
- Potential for long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Interesting case load
- Competitive pay rate
As a Transitions Social Worker your duties will include:
- To hold a case load of transition cases.
- To work under the direction of the Transition Senior Social Worker, practice manager and the Team Manager
- To progress cases of service users from Children Services to Adult Services.
- To be involved in the assessment process, and reviews of support packages and child in need/support plans of disabled children and young adults and their families/carers
- The ability to work closely with families and service users and to promote their views as well as their wellbeing in all interventions.
- To raise and/or manage safeguards raised on any case allocated and to address all relevant matters.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings as required and any other relevant meetings to represent the Team, Directorate and/or the Local Authority.
- To raise any concerns with regard to possible harm to a child, vulnerable adult or any other person, and work within the relevant Pan London Safeguarding and Protection Procedures.
- To work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, supporting a range of assessment frameworks and implementation of programmed approaches and transition to adult or other services.
As a Transitions Social Worker you should have:
- Experience working in an adult social work post qualified role
- Previous experience of safeguarding investigations
- Knowledge of the needs of disabled children and young adults
- Experience of completing reviews and assessments
- Involvement in handling complex caseloads
- Familiarity of the mental capacities act
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Full UK license holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.