Advanced Social Worker - Children with Disabilities Team - South Gloucestershire - £28,221 - £34,106 + £3,000 payment after passing probation
An exciting vacancy has become available in South Gloucestershire Council for a social worker with statutory experience who ideally has extensive experience but will also consider those who have completed their ASYE.
Ideal experience will be in the Children with disabilities field, however they will consider social workers from a variety of areas, ideal for somebody who's looking to branch out and specialise in a new area.
There's also an Advanced social worker role, which is a great opportunity for progression.
Office Locations are based in Kingswood, Patchway & Yate areas.
A first class benefits package has been designed for employees of South Gloucestershire council which include:
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 29 days (plus 9 public and extra statutory days)
- Annual salary reviews
- Local Government Pension Scheme - a contributory (5.5%- 7.5%) CARE (Career Average Revalued Earnings) scheme, with the option of a tax-free lump sum on retirement and no administration costs
- Flexible working arrangements includes flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours, and in some instances, home working
- Generous maternity and paternity provision
- Parental, dependants, adoption and bereavement leave
- Transport loans - low interest rates for cars and interest free bicycle and bus pass loans
- Child Care Voucher scheme - part of your salary can be exempted from National Insurance and exchanged for child care
- Long-term unpaid leave - once you’ve worked for us for over two years you can request a long break to study or train, to care for children or work in a voluntary capacity, or to go travelling.
- Independent counselling service - Interchange is a confidential service, which gives you the opportunity to talk about any issue that may be troubling you, home or work related. Counsellors work outside of the Council environment in an informal setting. We will pay for up to four sessions
- Car share schemes
- Paid study leave and assistance with other training and development
As a Children & Families Social Worker, You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A UK Driving license holder
- Post-qualified experience