Team Manager - Child Protection and Proceedings - Surrey - £44,229 - £48,395 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity for a Team Manager to join one of Surrey's Child Protection and Proceedings Teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to take responsibility to support the Service manager in managing a team of social workers and family support workers and you will be the voice between management and social workers.
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working including part-time, job share and home working
- Local government salary-related pension offered
About the role:
- You will line manage social workers which will include, supervision, case management, management of risk, performance management and supporting social workers to develop further and progress.
- An essential part of your role will be to balance supporting social workers in their roles, whilst also promoting and implementing the organisational goals and targets.
- Your role will include strategic work such as looking at recruitment and retention whilst working with the management team in Surrey to improve quality of services and develop processes and policies.
- You can become involved in work streams linked to specific areas such as Child Sexual Exploitation to develop and improve processes and knowledge within the county.
- You will work with professionals from various teams and services and network to ensure positive links between the team and other parts of the service to ensure effective multi-professional working.
- You will also have opportunities to develop your own skills and experience within Surrey and continue your own career progression.
- Surrey County is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full UK driving license and daily access to a car
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification
- Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills
- Have a proven record in first line management of Children's fieldwork teams.
- Have extensive experience in managing Court and Child Protection Work and have a thorough understanding of theory and research relevant to social work practice.