Independent Chair - Local Safeguarding Children Board - North London - £650 per day (40 days per annum)
An exciting and interesting opportunity has arisen for a LSCB Chair to join for 40 days per annum at a daily rate of £650 to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in Haringey by ensuring that the Local Safeguarding Children Board operates effectively and independently of its partner organisations and fulfils its statutory functions. This post is responsible for chairing, overseeing, steering and leading the multi-agency work of the Haringey Local Safeguarding Children Board, providing independent scrutiny, challenge, leadership and strategic vision to the board.
About the Role:
- To work closely with all LSCB partners in order to achieve and facilitate highly functioning working relationships with and between all board partners.
- To oversee the co-ordination, monitoring, review, and evaluation of safeguarding in Haringey and the sharing of best practice, driving forward continuous improvement, learning and development.
- To oversee the development of new arrangements for monitoring safeguarding arising out of the Children and Social Work Bill 2017.
- To chair effectively high-level multi-agency strategic meetings in order to maximise time and output.
- To ensure that the LSCB provides effective scrutiny of safeguarding across the borough.
- To ensure that all statutory partners cooperate to fulfil their safeguarding duties and to hold them accountable for their performance with regard to safeguarding.
- To challenge LSCB partner organisations to improve and hold them to account for poor practice or performance and ensure corrective action is taken.
- To make strategic and constructive recommendations for improvement and or change in partner organisations.
- To facilitate information sharing between all LSCB partners.
- To ensure that the LSCB links with other key strategic groups including the Health and Well Being Board, the Safeguarding Adults Board, the London Safeguarding Board and LSCBs in neighbouring authorities.
- To represent the Board publicly, promoting safeguarding and wellbeing and acting as a spokesperson for the multi-agency safeguarding partnership. To agree and oversee the process to determine the need for serious case and other reviews and to hold to account the work of the Serious Case Review sub-group.
- To publish an annual report on the work of the Board and the effectiveness of child safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in the local authority.
- To ensure that key issues and national developments are brought to the attention of the LSCB.
- To determine whether complaints that have reached the formal stage of the LSCB procedures are upheld.
- In-depth experience at a senior managerial level of successfully managing partnerships or other multi-agency initiatives
- Experience of developing successful cross-sector and or multi-disciplined partnerships and programmes working both as a contributor and in a leadership role
- Significant demonstrable experience of negotiating and influencing
- Ability to clearly identify safeguarding priorities and to keep children at the centre of the work of the Board regardless of resource constraints
- Experience of successfully chairing complex professional meetings
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification
- Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding