Social Worker - Children's Assessment and Safeguarding Team - Isle of Wight - £40 an hour
Isle of Wight is looking for an experienced social worker to fill a position within their CAST Team based in Newport. The team has a very low caseload of 24. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a well-managed team with the opportunity for progression.
This team is primarily Child Protection but would also include initial assessments of the child and Children in Need. Successful social workers will need to have recent involvement and experience within Children in Care, Child Protection Cases, Court Experience and recent assessment experience. They will need to have the ability to work as part of a team, applying judgement, knowledge and experience to develop effective plans for children. They will need to be creative, motivated and demonstrate capacity to manage competing priorities and work under pressure.
Key responsibilities will be to work within statutory guidelines. They will need to be capable of assessing needs and plan and deliver focused interventions in a timely way. The team is supported by a well-established management team.
Benefits of the role as a Children's Assessment Social Worker:
- Competitive pay rates
- Long contracts available
- Well performing local authority
- Supportive team regular supervision and support throughout
- Good reputation
- Low staff turnover
Duties will include:
- Conducting Core Assessments and work with children who are the subject of Child Protection Plans.
- Taking on Court Work and manage cases where children are the subject of Care Proceedings.
- Work to safeguard children under the Child Protection or Court Frameworks requires staff who are skilled communicators and able to convey difficult information in clear terms to families, or describe complex cases and care plans succinctly in written form.
As a Children's Assessment Social Worker You will have experience of:
- Working knowledge of the Children's Act
- Court Proceedings
- Child protection Care proceedings
- Attending Court & relevant reports
- Section 47s
- Core Assessments
- Child protection meetings
- Case conferences
You will need to be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK licence holder
Why Liquid Personnel?
• New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
• Twice weekly payroll
• Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
• “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme