Social Worker - Children's Assessment Team - Surrey - £33,332 - £38,312 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Surrey's Assessment Teams as a children's social worker. They are looking for confident and skilled social workers who are determined to achieve the best for children. Working for the Referral and Assessment Team provides a real opportunity to make a difference.
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working including part-time, job share and home working
- Local government salary-related pension offered
About the role:
- As social worker in the Assessment Team you will hold a mixed and varied caseload: You will undertake assessments of children through direct work, work with families and partnership organisations, you will develop child centred plans and implement and review these with the child, family and professional network.
- Within the role you will be expected to maintain high standards of professional practice, working at all times in the best interests of children and young people, ensuring that there are clear evidence based assessments and plans in place on all allocated cases and who have the ability to convey their analysis and planning through presentation and written reports.
- As a member of the Assessment Team, you will be working with children from pre-birth to 18, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- We want to recruit Social Workers who are able to deliver effective interventions to achieve significant long term improvements for children.
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full UK driving license and daily access to a car
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree
- Have completed the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills