Senior Social Worker - Children's and Families Services - Surrey - Up to £39,270 + benefits
Our Client has an excellent opportunity to join one of Surrey's Family Social Worker Teams as a Senior Social worker. They are looking for confident and skilled social workers who are determined to achieve the best for children. Surrey County is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Benefits of the Role as a Senior Social Worker:
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 24 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working, including part-time, job share and home working.
- Local government salary-related pension offered
Duties of the Senior Social Worker:
- Hold a caseload of complex CIN cases.
- Mentor/implement learning from audits/new practices within the area.
- Act as a 'back up' for when borough family social workers are not in work or do not have capacity for work.
- Attend meetings within boroughs and meetings to support threshold decisions as directed by the Consultant Social Work Practitioners.
- Attend strats/consultations with area assessment teams in conjunction with the CSWP.
- Respond to safeguarding pin point identified by the service in conjunction with the CSWP.
- Provide advice, guidance and consultation to colleagues and partner agencies re social care issues.
- This post could line manage ASYE's/Student social workers.
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full driving license and car
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.