Social Worker - Children with Disabilities - Norfolk - £32 p/h
An experienced Children with Disabilities Social Worker is required to join a well-managed Children with Disabilities Team in Norfolk County Council based in Kings Lynn. This team will be a mixture of Children in Need and Children Looked After.
The Children's Disability team is a small team working with children and young people with a range of complex and enduring disabilities up to the age of eighteen years. It aims to provide a timely, well-coordinated and effective service that is based on the assessed needs of the child and is outcome focussed. By doing so we aim to maintain children and young people within their families and enable them to lead as ordinary lives as is practicable.
The team is committed to working in partnership with children/young people, families, and colleagues from a variety of statutory and non-statutory settings in order realise the best possible outcomes for the children and families it works with.
The successful candidates should have experience of working with disabled children and their families and they should have an understanding of legislation that underpins this work. They should have experience of child protection, court work, children in care with disabled children and their families. They should be able to drive and have access to their own transport. As a Children with Disabilities Social Worker you must be flexible and able to work under pressure. Due to the nature of the role candidates must have front line post qualifying experience in Child Protection services
This is an opportunity to work within a tailored team which holds less cases than frontline.
As a Children with Disabilities Social Worker you will benefit from:
- Good rates of pay
- Well managed team
- Admin support available
- Good level of client interaction
- A stable team
- Manageable caseload
- Low turnover of staff
It would be preferable for any applicants to have experience of:
- Liaising with other professionals
- Relevant legislation
- Holding complex cases
- Working with children on Child Protection Plans, Looked after Children and Children in Need
- Child protection Care proceedings
- Attending Court
- Court Reports
- Working with new Public Law Outline (PLO)
- Section 47s
- Core Assessments
- Child protection meetings
- Case conferences
- Attending LAC Reviews
As a Child Protection Social Worker, you MUST:
- Be HCPC registered
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK driver's licence
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid quicker
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.