Social Worker - Child Protection - Merton - Up to £40,887 per annum + benefits
We are excited to announce that there is a vacancy for a Social Worker in the Safeguarding and Care Planning Team in Merton. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an exciting, motivated and enthusiastic team.
- £1,500 “Golden Hello”
- 26 days annual leave, rising to 31 days with five years continuous local government service
- £963 car allowance p/a
Duties of the role as a Child Protection Social Worker:
- Responsibility for casework decisions and provide specialist advice to colleagues and others on a wide range of complex issues showing advanced skills in analysis, intervention and evaluation, but knowing when to refer to managers
- Hold a caseload which contains individuals and families deemed to be 'challenging, resistant, high risk and/or high vulnerability'
- Manage workload independently, seeking support and suggesting solutions for workload difficulties
- Increased role in complex cases which will include increasing participation in child protection case conferences and court work, engaging effectively with people, both short term and building relationships over time
- Routinely and efficiently apply critical reflect and analysis to increasing complex cases.
- Work towards autonomous practice in all aspects of their practice. - Social Worker's will be preparing to work independently but, will continue to work closely with their manager and not make any independent decisions on their casework.
- Take a lead for developing team activities, such as organising and chairing team meetings and contributing to team training sessions and events
- Provide professional opinion and be more professionally assertive in working with individuals and families and with other professions and organisations
- Represent Children's Social Care by participating in internal and external meetings and network groups
- Undertake PQ Practice Educator training and supervise students (in accordance with Practice Educator Professional Standards, PEPS)
- Contribute to and promote the learning and development of practice which includes acting as a mentor to Newly Qualified Social Workers and social work students
As a Child Protection Social Worker you MUST:
- Have post-qualified experience
- Be eligible to work in the U.K.
- HCPC registered and have a DBS