Team Manager - Social Worker Academy - Surrey - £44,229 per annum + benefits
I am looking for a Social Work Team Manager to join the social worker academy in Surrey. This role will involve overlooking a group of newly qualified social workers in children's teams across Surrey. This is the ideal role for an experienced social worker to demonstrate their previous experience. Previous post-qualified experience in a similar role is essential. This is a permanent position.
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working including part-time, job share and home working
- Local government salary-related pension offered
Additional information about the Team Manager role:
- Each cohort will have 10 NQSW's supported by two ATM's. It offers a structured programme of induction and supported practice, skills development and learning. Working alongside the fieldwork teams, workers will have the opportunity to undertake direct practice, shadowing and training, with a reduced caseload, enabling theory and practice to become aligned.
- You will provide your allocated Social Workers with regular supervision in terms of both casework and professional development, along with protected development time, enabling them to become a confident, capable and expert social worker.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the requirements of the ASYE portfolio are met and will be the main assessor of practice for the workers. You will have an opportunity to share in the development of this service.
- The Academy gives you the chance to be part of a new approach to social work induction and training in line with the Social Work Reform Board recommendations for NQSW's working with children and families. You will have close contact with the ATM's currently in the East and West who can support you with their experience of the Academy and you will report to the Team manager.
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Have significant post-qualified experience in a similar role