Deputy Team Manager - Children with Disabilities – Islington - Up to £37 per hour
An experienced Children with Disabilities Social Worker is required to join a Children with Disabilities Team in a stable local authority with a supportive team.
The Children's Disability team works with children and young people with a range of complex and enduring disabilities up to the age of eighteen years. It aims to provide a timely, well-coordinated and effective service that is based on the assessed needs of the child and is outcome focussed. By doing so we aim to maintain children and young people within their families and enable them to lead as ordinary lives as is practicable. The team is committed to working in partnership with children/young people, families, and colleagues from a variety of statutory and non-statutory settings in order realise the best possible outcomes for the children and families it works with.
The successful deputy team manager will have extensive experience of working with disabled children and their families and they should have an understanding of legislation that underpins this work. They should have experience of child protection, court work, children in care with disabled children and their families. As a Children with Disabilities Social Worker you must be flexible and able to work under pressure. Due to the nature of the role candidates must have front line post qualifying experience in Child Protection services.
Benefits of this Deputy Team Manager role:
- Good Transport links
- Supportive Team
- Potential for long term advancement
It would be preferable for any applicants to have experience of:
- Liaising with other professionals
- Relevant legislation
- Holding complex cases
- Working with children on Child Protection Plans, Looked after Children and Children in Need
- Child protection Care proceedings
- Attending Court
- Court Reports
- Working with new Public Law Outline (PLO)
- Section 47s
- Core Assessments
- Child protection meetings
- Case conferences
- Attending LAC Reviews
As a Child Protection Social Worker, you MUST:
- Be HCPC registered
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have significant post-qualified experience in a similar role
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.