Social Worker - Youth Offending Team - YOT - Wolverhampton - £29.93 Per Hour
Our client in Wolverhampton requires requires a Youth Offending Social worker to work with young people, specifically those exhibiting risky or antisocial behaviours. You must be able to demonstrate an awareness of issues relating to youth crime. You will also have an awareness of partnership working, and be able to manage a case load requiring considerable inter-agency working with a range of services.
Benefits of the role as a Youth Offending Officer:
- Excellent rate of pay
- Supportive management
- Possibility of long term contracts
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Flexible working
- Good Management Support
About the role as a Youth Offending Social Worker:
- To manage a case load including the full range of referral, community and custodial orders in line with the Youth Justice Board National Standards
- To complete risk and vulnerability assessments and management plans, with an emphasis on reducing reoffending, public protection and safeguarding young people.
- To carry out accurate assessments on, and provide services to, young people who come into conflict with the law.
- To offer a positive, comprehensive and supportive relationship to young people, their families and carers using a range of specialist skills and programmes.
- To work closely with other resources and agencies providing a service to young offenders and provide information on changes in legislation, practice and procedures.
- To work in partnership with multi-agency colleagues and make referrals to specialist workers/agencies within the service
- To prepare and present reports including court reports according to National Standards, actively preventing any delays to the court process whenever possible.
- To ensure all programmes are delivered in line with the Youth Justice Board's Key Elements of Effective Practice and Youth Justice National Standards to young people subject to statutory orders imposed by the Courts, including through-care for young people serving custodial sentences, and post-release supervision.
You will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Previous experience working as Youth Offending officer for 1-2 years
- Experience of working with young offenders from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Asset Plus Trained
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledgE
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place *
- Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact email@example.com
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.