Team Manager - Placements Team - Woking - £44,229 to £48,395 per annum + benefits
My lcient in Woking, Surrey is looking for a Team Manager to join the Leaving Care Placements Team. They are a busy and lively team and responsible for the countywide referrals for Looked After Children and for commissioning all external placements with Independent Fostering Agencies and residential units for looked after children who can't be placed with Surrey foster carers or in Surrey children's homes. Experience of working in residential or fostering services would be beneficial. You must demonstrate leadership and managerial abilities.
Benefits of this role as Team Manager:
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave, with options to buy and sell leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Savings on childcare vouchers
- Where possible, we offer flexible working including part-time, job share and home working
- Local government salary-related pension offered
About the role as Team Manager:
- The role includes supervision of Placement Officers and day to day management of the team. T
- he role also includes quality assurance of placements and working closely with colleagues in Commissioning to develop services for Looked After Children and care leavers.
- You will also work closely with social work colleagues in front line teams to ensure the best outcomes for our children.
- You will need to have an in depth understanding of the needs of Looked After Children. You will also need to have good organisational skills and be able to work effectively under pressure.
As a Team Manager you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Have extensive experience