Social Worker - Adoption Team - Dudley - £27.53 to £29.93 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity for 2 Social Workers to join Dudley's Adoption Team. This role will involve family finding for children who have a plan of adoption, recruitment and preparation and assessment of prospective adopters, presenting to adoption panel. Successful applicants will also support approved adopters through the matching and placement of children up to the granting of an adoption order.
This role requires applicants to have substantial post qualifying experience and post adoption support and adoption assessment experience is also necessary.
Benefits as a Adoption Social Worker:
- Stable Team
- Training Opportunities
- Autonomy in role
- Potential for Long term contract
- Frequent workshops
Responsibilities as a Adoptions Social Worker:
- They will be required to undertake assessments of, and provide support to, Adopters/Carers within the parameters of local and national guidelines & standards. Providing a range of resources within the Directorate and undertaking duties specific to the specialist team the candidate is allocated to, such as Adoption, Fostering Assessment or Fostering Supervision.
- Ability to prioritise and work with competing deadlines and changing demands. To understand and interpret legislation to meet service requirements. Ability to think creatively and enthusiastically in developing and contributing to social work plans.
- The job holder will be required to have the ability to prioritise and work with competing deadlines and changing demands. To understand and interpret legislation to meet service requirements. Ability to think creatively and enthusiastically in developing and contributing to social work plans.
- The job holder should possess a suitable professional qualification such as a CQSW or Dip SW preferably with three years post qualification experience and able to meet minimum national standards for fostering ; knowledge or understanding of current Social Work practice and legislation.
- Ability to work in partnership with other professionals and as part of a team, including interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Some IT skills would be an advantage.
You will be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme